Pages

March 19, 2012

Let's Explore Coba Together

I have to admit that I'm getting pretty tired of scrapping vacation photos. It's getting so bad, that I'm even looking forward to scrapping some Christmas photos..... and I hate scrapping Christmas photos!

So, in an effort to be finished sooner, I'm trying to get more photos on a layout. This page idea from Shimelle Laine, fit the bill, perfectly! It's from her 4x6 Photo Love series at Two Peas in a Bucket. Using her sketch, I managed to scrapbook 12 - 4x6 photos. Woohoo!

It's difficult to photograph, but I cut a divided page protector in half so that it would hold a strip of three photos between the two 12x12 pages. I have to be honest here and confess that this is my second attempt at this technique. My first page is okay, but not blog worthy. :)

So, this page protector is the left-over side. That meant that it didn't have the holes for the three ring binder. To remedy this, I used gaffers tape on each side of the page protector. To make sure the tape doesn't slip off the page protector, I stapled everything together, once the page was completed. So, the photos have a couple staples in them, but that doesn't really bother me. I could have run a strip of machine stitching down the side, but I was too lazy to pull out my machine. Then, using my Cropadile, I cut holes for the binder in the tape.


Now, I will place the altered page protector between my double page layout in the album. Here it is facing the right.



And here it is facing the left.


Papers: American Crafts, Bazzill Basics, Simple Stories, Crate Paper; Stickers & Diecuts: Simple Stories; Page Protector: WeRMemory Keepers; Miscellaneous: 7Gypsies Gaffer Tape, Stampin Up paper clips, Distress Ink, Staples, Cricut title (Home Decor & Printing Press cartridges)

I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for looking!

Sylvie

1 comment: