Pages

May 28, 2012

Us Together

Happy Monday!

It's been a busy couple of weeks around here (as usual). We have been immersed in hockey camps and tryouts for my son, but now we have a much anticipated six week break. Then in July, we start the whirlwind all over again, travelling to more hockey camps and tryouts. This is an important time for Nick and our whole family is kind of holding our breath to see where this ends up. I really must scrap this important story, but it's hard to wrap my brain around all the possibilities, hopes and fears.

In the meantime, I've been able to scrap in 10 minute intervals, here and there. This is when sketches or starting points are a life saver.  When I saw Shimelle's starting point I knew it would be perfect for this photo strip that has been sitting on my desk for a couple of years.

This layout is straight in real life, but for some reason, every photo I took made the page look crooked. ;)



Papers: Lily Bee Design, Chatterbox; Stickers: Lily Bee Design, October Afternoon; Diecuts: Jenni Bowlin, My Minds Eye; Alpha Stickers, Thickers; Miscellaneous: Micheals brand photo corners, WeRMemory Keepers baker's twine, My Mind's Eye brads, K & Company gems, Martha Stewart punch


I love the little banner under the title! The LilyBee sticker sheet has LOTS of banner stickers on it. I used 18 on my page, and I still have 21 left! I put dimensional adhesive under the top layer of stickers to give it more oomph.




And while I had the LilyBee kit out, I made this simple birthday card for my friend. I used some older stickers and diecuts. You know that I love mixing old and new! :)



Papers: Lily Bee Design; Stickers & Diecuts: American Crafts, Sandylion, Colorbok; Bakers Twine: WeRMemory Keepers; Punch: Fiskars Threading Water; Stamp: Kaiser Craft

Thanks for looking!

Sylvie

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Life just gets more exciting every day when you have kids. :)JD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photostrip page! We went to a wedding this weekend and I was SO excited to see that they had a photobooth. It prints out two copies, one for the couple's album and one for the guest. Yay! Now I HAVE to do this starting point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Both the LO and the card and I too LOVE that banner!

    ReplyDelete