Pages

January 11, 2013

For The Love of the Game - SOUS Diecut Challenge

Happy Friday, everyone!

Today's Stuck On U Sketches challenge was to pull a "Switch-a-Roo"! Meaning that we were to substitute a diecut for a letter in a title. And an added challenge was to use scraps. And goodness, I have many scraps to choose from. And none more coveted than the old Chatterbox collections. Remember those?? Remember the rooms? I have been hoarding, ummm, storing these wonderful papers for many years. And these scraps from the Den collection have been in my blues folder for far too long, now. So, I figured there was no time like the present and I pulled them out. And I am so glad I did!

Papers: Bazzill Basics, Stampin Up!, Chatterbox, Core'dinations; SVG Diecuts: Echo Park (iDiecut.com), SVGcuts, Lettering Delights, Cricut: Fabulous Finds; Punches: Fiskars, McGill; Misc: Bo Bunny Gems, EK Success Washi Tape, Buttons, Twine, American Crafts Date Stamp, Scraptivity alpha stamp; Crate Paper Diecut

For the title, I found these svg files at Lettering Delights. The puck for an O was easy, but I fussed for quite some time with the hockey stick A. But, in the end, I am very happy with how it turned out. The hockey player is from iDiecut.com. Great SVG files that cut like buttah! Sorry for the blurry photo. I photograph my layouts on the floor and my kitty was trying very hard to use my page for a mat to sleep on. I had to snap the photo quickly!


Usually, when I try to use older product, I have a difficult time making the page feel new. But, I think the addition of the new embellishments like the washi tape and the Bo Bunny gems, makes it feel fresh and modern.

Thanks for looking! And be sure to check out the other great pages over at Stuck On U Sketches!

Sylvie

5 comments:

  1. Love this! What a great way to incorporate those die cuts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A special page for sure.
    I have quite a bit of that old Chatterbox paper saved too. I still love it, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout for the group sport shot photos. I never know what to do with those big pictures. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your creative title! Wonderful photo's great layout!

    ReplyDelete