Pages

February 5, 2016

Handsome (or Goodbye, Basic Grey)

Hi there!

Last week, the scrapbooking world lost another well loved manufacturer. Basic Grey announced that they would no longer be making paper products. It was a shock to us who have loved this company for the last 12 years. When their products started hitting the shelves, they shook up the paper crafting industry. Their papers were grungy and bright. Not a cute embellishment anywhere to be seen.  I remember reading message board posts about how people couldn't use such "dirty" looking papers in their albums and comments about looking like they had been run over by a car!  Ahhhh.  Good times. ;)

I LOVED Basic Grey!  I used to have all the collections. Some of my favourite pages I've ever made were with their products. But, I have to admit that in the last few years, I hadn't bought much of it. Basic Grey was like an old friend. I knew I could call on it whenever I wanted. I guess I wasn't alone.

So, when the announcement came, I ran to my scrapbook room to fondle, ummm, I mean go through all my Basic Grey stash. And I just knew I had to create something with it.
 

 
Papers: Basic Grey; Embellishments: Basic Grey, Bo Bunny, unknown clock faces, unknown wood veneer, Jillibean Soup diecut; Mixed Media: Tattered Angels, Studio Calico, Heidi Swapp mist, embossing paste, Magic Mesh, unknown beads, gesso; Heidi Swapp stamp, Prima Marketing stamp, gold acrylic paint, Archival Ink, Silhouette cut file                       

Now, the papers are mostly the B-sides of the Max & Whiskers and Eerie lines but they suit the masculine feel of the photos.The flowers are diecuts from the Infuse collection and I was so happy when they all worked together.

The background was misted, stamped, stenciled and collaged within an inch of it's life. I wish I had more time to do these heavily mixed media pages. But, that's not my life right now. But, it's such good mental therapy when I get to play like this. And this layout turned out to be one of my favourite pages that I've ever done.

 
 
Thank you, Basic Grey.  You will be missed.

Thanks for looking,
Sylvie

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I still have loads of BG as well. Need to pull out some old faves and use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful... and yes another BG lover and stashed too!

    ReplyDelete