Pages

October 29, 2016

Our Journey Began Here

Hi there!

I'm up today with another Las Vegas Album page.  It seems funny to be scrapping our last vacation when we just returned a week ago from a different trip, but I'm hoping to get through this project quickly so I can get started on the recent one.  We didn't take a lot of photos on this trip, so I'm going to do mostly pocket style scrapping with the odd 12x12 page thrown in.



Once again, I used the Go Now Go collection from Shimelle Laine with a few odds and ends from my stash.  The colours and theme seem to work really well with my photos. I loved this piece of patterned paper, but I had used the front of it for my title page. I didn't want to waste it, so I just used it as my background.  Luckily, I didn't do anything on the other side to worry about, and it worked well.  There could be no brads or sewing that would disturb the other side, but other than that it worked just fine. The paper isn't overly sturdy, and I worried about all the weight I was adding to it, but now that it is in the page protector, it's fine.

The word Journey is actually cork from the Crate Paper Journey collection, but it was getting lost on my page. I used some StazOn ink and changed it to black. Some of the cork peeks through in real life and it gives a lovely texture. 

There are more sequins on both of these pages with a lot of gold accents. Really.  If you can't use glitter and metallic on a page about Vegas, when can you?  ;)  The little blue alpha stickers matched the colours of the paper so well, but they had silver metallic letters. I used both gold and silver sequins to bring it all together.


Of all the photos we took, we forgot to take one of the room and of the resort itself.  So, I went to Google images and found some photos of both.  The room photo is exactly what our room looked like; right down to the decorative pillow and art work on the wall.  Score! I've done this often for vacation photos to help fill in some blanks. I think as long as you don't claim it as your own photo, it's fine.


Here are the two pages together, showing how they will look in the album.  I'm really loving this collection and I think it will help me make my album very quickly.

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment