Pages

September 16, 2017

Baby Cuban Pineapple

Hi there!

Today I am sharing a fun layout featuring a large die cut and the Crate Paper Oasis line.

When I saw this free diecut from Paper Issues, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.


I cut the file using craft cardstock and backed the top with the green paper.  The cutfile was supposed to look like the image below, with the cross hatching. But, I wanted to use up some scraps of patterned paper and use my newly purchased fringe scissors.  So, using my craft knife, I cut out the cross hatches.

I cut each strip of patterned paper with the fringe scissors before gluing everything together into a large square. I sewed gold thread through each strip.  Then using some wet adhesive, I glued the die cut over the fringed square and finally cut around the shape. I did have to glue some bits of fringe that fell off, but surprisingly, that wasn't too much of an issue.

I used clear gesso on the background page and smooshed some Distress Oxide inks in Broken China, Worn Lipstick and Fossilized Amber. I then took a deep breath and stamped directly on the background with the Emerald Creek camera  stamp from the Scrap Shotz September Kit. What a pretty stamp!

I love how this page turned out! I seem to be using these large diecuts a lot in this vacation album, but they really make an impact. I already have a few more pages floating around in my head!

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

2 comments:

  1. This is so much fun, Sylvie! Love how you customized the cut file!! Cute!

    ReplyDelete