Pages

August 3, 2011

A Fetching Fella

I haven't done much real scrapbooking lately.  Instead, I'm immersed in Shimelle Laine's Explore class. It's a 4 week class on not only creating travel scrapbooks with a new perspective, but also on how to bring that perspective to home. Best $16 US I've ever spent!!!  It's really making me think about my life and  how I want to scrapbook more about the "everyday" things.  I'll post my mini book from the class when it's done.

I was sitting on the fence about taking the class, since summer is a pretty busy time for me, but then I saw this video by Shimelle.  It brought tears to my eyes and goosebumps on my arms. I signed up for the class 5 minutes later. If you are a scrapbooker, you have to check it out here: Shimelle's Video on Ali's Blog . If you aren't a scrapbooker, then you still need to watch it as it explains why I scrapbook better than I ever could.

As for this week's layout, I'm still keeping my mandate to use up my old stash.  Here is some really old paper from a Scraptivity kit.  I loved the paper then, and I really think it works well for these photos.  It's very simple and it went together really quickly.  Gotta love THAT!


Papers; Bazzill Basics and Rouge De Garance, alpha stickers; Pink Paislee,
pen; Sharpie,  Acrylic Stamp, American Crafts, Rub-on; Pink Paislee

I still have two sheets of Rouge De Garance in my stash.  I may just have to pull them out soon!

Thanks for looking.

Sylvie

3 comments: