Pages

July 23, 2012

All about Julia!

Happy Monday!

This week, I scrapped about my girl, Julia. After all these hockey pages I've done, I needed to do some pretty scrapping! ;) And as luck would have it, 2Peas had CHA challenges this week to help me along. I was only able to get two of the challenges done, but here they are.

First up was the colour challenge. We had to use yellow-orange, gray and teal.  Oh how I love these colours! And the Lily Bee Buttercup collection is full of yellow-orange, gray and teal. *sigh*  I did find the teal paper in the collection too blue, so I swapped it out for the teal chevron in their Head over Heels collection. I love it when companies make collections work together.  An added bonus is that very old journaling card. I thought the heading worked perfectly for the subject of this page.


Papers & Stickers: Lily Bee Design; Diecuts & Punches: Tim Holtz Sizzix Die, Fiskars Punch, Martha Stewart Punch; Alphas: My Minds Eye, Cricut/SCAL; Misc: Teresa Collins gem brads, We R Memory Keepers twine, rhinestones, stapler, paper clip


The other challenge I completed was the Christmas in July. But, I doubled up my challenges and also used this week's Glitter Girl challenge to use a challenging paper from your stash.

I am so happy to use this old Basic Grey paper. It  sat in my stash for years because I couldn't figure out how to use it and I didn't want to cut it up. It was just too pretty! And now  all that is left of this collection are a few scraps of paper, a couple stickers and some alphas. What a good feeling!

If you've never seen Glitter Girl videos, you need to check them out here. It will change the way you scrapbook. I know it has for me.


Papers: Basic Grey, Bazzill Basics; Alphas: Lily Bee Designs, Basic Grey, Thickers; Misc: twine, Echo Park camera


Thanks so much for looking!

Sylvie

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages! I love the little snippet of banner at the top of the wakeboarding page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous pages... I love all the bits and pieces in the wakeboarding page. It's perfect in every way... Thanks for sharing... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love your first page, the colors are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super gorgeous pages! Loving all the layers and details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pages! Such great details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pages, and I love how the colors of the photos match the paper so well! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job with the Xmas Ornament paper. Love the layering on the first layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I love Glitter Girl! Great pages, I especially love the color combo in your first layout. Perfect for the photo. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete