Pages

March 20, 2015

Banana Boat

Hi there!

The thing I don't like about pocket page scrapping is that I feel like I can't do too many techniques. In my mind, the whole point of pocket scrapping is to get it done quickly.  And I really want to get this album finished. But, then I watched a technique video by Irit Landgraf and I really wanted to try it! So, I compromised and practiced on my journaling cards.


Papers: Glitz Design; Embellishments: Glitz Design, Studio Calico, My Minds Eye:
Mists: Studio Calico, Ranger, Tattered Mist

I spread a layer of gesso over part of the 4x6 papers. Then using old packaging I "smooshed" drops of mists around to blend and spread. The gesso layer allows the inks to sit on the surface and not get absorbed by the paper. It was fun to do and I thought fit the theme of teens.  I do wish I hadn't used the colours I did (some parts make me think of a crime scene), but I think I'll use this technique again very soon. It was fun!

 

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

1 comment:

  1. I like the mixed media background -- it didn't bring a crime scene to mind at all. I kind of like the idea of trying a technique on a small layout instead of a large piece to become more familiar. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete