Pages

May 15, 2015

Take a Picture

Hi there!

Today's layout is another for the Mexico vacation album that I'm working on.  Just a few pages left!

When I started planning the supplies for this album, I bought the Glitz Design Unchartered Waters 6x6 paper pack. I loved the colours of that pack!  But, I hardly used any of it. So, on this layout, I set out to use as many papers as I could and decided to make a quilted page.


Papers: Glitz Design, Bazzill Basics, unknown gold; Embellishments: American Crafts,
Crate Paper,  Heidi Swapp, Making Memories, Simple Stories: SVG files and
printables: The Cut Shoppe


I cut the 6x6 papers in half diagonally and then sewed them onto a back ground paper. Here's a quick tip. I used the back of a really old piece of patterned paper as the background instead of cardstock. This particular piece is white on the back and my patterned paper covered the bar code printed on it.  It's a great way to use up an outdated piece of paper!

The title is cut from an SVG file from The Cut Shoppe. I love it!  I think I'll be using that title a few more times. ;)

This particular set of photos had lots of out-takes with them.  So, I decided to put those in a pocket page.  I just copied the quilted pattern for each pocket. Some of the photos are mounted on Glitz Design 4x6 cards. So, it's more of a complement page, than a double page spread.

 

 
Have a lovely long weekend, fellow Canadians! If you don't have time to scrap, I hope it's because you are out there making new memories to scrapbook.
 
Thanks for looking,
Sylvie

1 comment:

  1. This is a good idea to use up that stash! I have been doing the same thing as we no longer have a scrapbook store in Victoria. Great set, Sylvie.

    ReplyDelete