Pages

March 12, 2016

Grad Banquet

Hi there!

Today's layout is based on a couple challenges from Shimelle Laine using a colour block style and circles on a page.  I'm not sure if my grid layout still qualifies as colour block, but this is what I'm going with. :)

Papers: My Minds Eye, Shimelle for American Crafts, WeRMemory Keepers,
Bazzill Basics. Studio Calico, Recollections; Embellishments: Crate Paper,
My Minds Eye,  Pink Paislee, Unknown rhinestones, tags; Die cut: iHeart Studio

This page took on many incarnations in it's creation.  I started with placing the My Mind's Eye vellum over a piece of white cardstock and then mounting it on the diamond patterned paper, also from My Mind's Eye.  I wanted a bit more colour on the background, so I used my water brush and painted some shimmer water colour here and there on the vellum. When I began, I was worried that the water colour wouldn't dry on the vellum. It dried beautifully, but that vellum buckled like I'd never seen before! Even after leaving my heavy pizza box of paper on it over night, it still was warped.  But, it looked so pretty that I wanted to use it. So, I sewed it to the two pieces of cardstock. It's still warped and has bubbles in it, but it actually gives a very nice texture to the whole page. Mental note: don't paint vellum ever again!


 
 
I love this glittery rose chipboard piece from the Crate Paper Shine collection. Unfortunately, they only have the one piece and I wanted to bring another one to the top of the page for balance.  So, with my Silhouette, I cut the flower from an iHeartStudio file and used some Zing glitter embossing powder. I backed the flower with matching paper from the Shine collection and while it isn't exactly the same, it works beautifully.


I chose the Shimelle paper with the lightbulbs, because the venue for the banquet had many twinkling lights hanging down over each table.  You can see one behind my son's head in the photo above.

This page was a lot more work than I thought it would be (or should be!), but I'm so happy with it.

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment