Pages

May 14, 2016

Having Fun @ Rod & Gun

Hi there!

I'm up this week with a page I did during International Scrapbook Day weekend on May 7th.  It's based on a challenge by Inkie Quill's Grab 5 Challenge to use wood veneer, something gold, hearts, floral paper and word sticker/embellishment.


Papers: Crate Paper, American Craft, Simple Stories; Embellishments:
Crate paper, Simple Stories, Studio Calico

Those 5 items worked perfectly for the theme of this layout. I have been seeing a lot of scrapbookers making the fringe heart and I finally had a chance to make one for myself.  I pulled out the old Coluzzle cutter and it was so easy to make.

I wanted to handwrite my journaling right on the background page, but once I started doing the rough draft of a scrap piece of paper, it was quickly apparent that my story was too long for the space.  I didn't want to add another piece of paper over that lovely woodgrain paper, so I used another piece with the same pattern and printed it in the same area as where I wanted the journaling to go.  I cut the journaling in strips and glued it down.  In real life, it has a bit of extra texture, but it still looks like it's part of the background.

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment