Pages

May 7, 2016

50 Years Together

Hi there!

Today I'm sharing a page celebrating my parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary, using Pink Paislee's C'est La Vie collection. The minute I saw this line, I knew it would be perfect for these photos.


Papers:  Simple Stories, Pink Paislee, My Minds Eye, Fancy Pants; Embellishment, My Minds Eye,
Crate Paper, Ali Edwards Stamp, StazOn ink, Chatterbox alphas, Silhouette cut file,
American Crafts date stamp, Kaitlin Shaeffer labels, unknown button & floss


As their gift, my sister and I bought my parents a photo shoot and I couldn't be happier with how the photos turned out. They were taken in my back yard and I thought the weathered wood of the patterned paper matched the old wooden swing that my dad is sitting on.

The big flowers are fussy cut and placed on the layers of paper strips. I love that an old My Mind's Eye line matches the colours perfectly with the C'est La Vie collection.


I have used the Ali Edwards stamp often in anniversary cards and I thought it fit this spot perfectly.  It's a bit nerve wracking to stamp right on the page and as luck would have it the word "journey" looked fuzzy; almost like the ink had bled.  I think the stamp is starting to wear down from being used so many times.  So to save the page, I just traced over it with a black felt pen. I like the look and I'm toying with the idea of highlighting the word "life".

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment