Pages

June 3, 2016

In the Jungle

Hi there!

It's Canal Days weekend and so as I usually do, I post a layout of our parade float from the previous year. Our float last year included our daughters for the first time.


Papers: Bazzill Basics, Amy Tangerine, Basic Grey, Crate Paper; Embellishments: Sassafrass, 
Silhouette Diecut,  Crate Paper; Alphas: October Afternoon, Bella Boulevard;

The layout is straight in real life. I just could not get this photographed to be straight. I'm not going to confess how many tries it took and I still didn't get it right!

Once again, I have created a photo collage to cram in many photos on one page. ;) 

The page design is from Shimelle Laine's Perfect Collection class. A few years ago, I premade a lot of the background pages for my parade photos and this one worked well with the colours in the photos. I added the Crate Paper zebra paper (not sure I could ask for a better time to use THAT paper!) and the journaling paper. I love using old and new supplies together. The felt animal stickers are hoarded Sassafrass and I used them all up. So satisfying to know I saved them for a great cause.

I cut the leaves from white cardstock using my Silhouette.  I then painted them with Distress Ink and splattered water on them.  The ink reacts to the water and gave the leaves a great water colour effect which worked well with the teal water coloured Amy Tangerine paper.

I love this page!  I can't help but smile when I look at it.

Happy Canal Days! 
And thanks for looking!

Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment