Pages

June 25, 2016

She Wears The Cone of Shame

Hi there!

I'm up today with a layout of our golden retriever, Miley.  Miley had to have surgery a few weeks ago and she was completely unimpressed by the cone. And while she was so sad, I can't help but be amused by this photo.


Papers: American Crafts, Bazzill Basics; Embellishments: Crate Paper,
Studio Calico, Tim Holtz; Stamps: Scraptivity, 7Gypsies; Miscellaneous:
Gelatos, Heidi Swapp and Mr. Hueys mist

This layout has a LOT of mixed media.  I started by painting the whole piece of white cardstock with gesso.  Then I used Gelatos mixed with water to brush the colour on the page.  The colours I used were Lemon, Butter Crème, Gold Champagne, Guava and Bubble Gum. Once it was dry, I sprinkled gold and black mist over the whole page.

I used some very old alphabet stamps from Scraptivity and 7 Gypsies and black Staz-On ink. Even though the stamps already have a mixed font, I combined the two sets to create even more of a mix. I haven't stamped a title in a very long time, but I think I might be hooked, again!

The photo cluster is from the Bloom collection and just some scraps of paper that were sitting on my desk. It's always better to use scraps than the throw them away!

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment