Pages

August 19, 2016

All the Flowers

Hi there!

I have a quick blog post today, sharing an art journal project.



When I started this project, I wanted to keep it light and airy.  I find that a lot of my art journal pages end up quite dark.  I'm sure some psychiatrist would have an insight into why that is, but I'm probably glad I don't know what it would be.

The background was created with Gelatos, then I applied a layer of texture paste with a stencil I cut with my Silhouette. I did some random stamping and splatters with gold Heidi Swapp Colourshine. The flowers were decoupaged using some hand cut petals from pages of an old book and some scraps of cardstock for the centers. The dragonflies were from my stash that I inked and distressed.  There is lots of scribbling and doodling.

This isn't my favourite art journal page.  My gel medium is getting pretty old and it was almost too thick to work with. And I messed up my doodles. But I did manage to keep the page light.  So that's something.  And I did have fun doing the page.  And really, that is the most important part. :)

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment