Pages

June 23, 2017

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Hi there!

I took a bit of a blogging and scrapping break. I find summer a difficult time to scrapbook. There's always so much to do outside, both socially and chore-wise that scrapping time is at a premium! But, in 15 minute increments, I was able to get these two pages done. ;)


I started with this page by using the hiking map as the background. It was a really large map, so I just used a piece of cardstock as a template to cut it down to size.  Since the paper for the map was quite thin, I sewed it to the piece of cardstock. My sewing machine is acting up and the tension is really off. I swear I'm a much better sewer than that! My machine is 28 years old so it might be getting tired.  :(

The title is cut from Paper Issues.  I love their free cut files! The photos were printed on my Selphy using the Project Life App.  They are about 2x3.  Because the map may not be acid free, I made sure to mat all the photos on scrapbooking patterned paper and then double matted them on cardstock.  I don't really worry about archival issues that much, but in this instance, I didn't want to take any chances.


This page started with a Silhouette cut file for the background. The edges where inked with my favourite Vintage Photo Distress Ink to give the cuts definition. I splattered the solid piece of cardstock with green, blue and brown mist.  In real life, it kind of looks like leaves. 

The rest of the page is pretty simple. Most of the supplies are from the Carta Bella Great Outdoors. Once again, I didn't have a lot of embellishments left in the package, so I bought the digital files and used the print and cut feature on my Silhouette.  It's an inexpensive way of stretching my supplies, without spending a lot of money.

I hope to be back next week with another page.  But, the flower beds need weeding and the mountains are calling, so I'm not making any promises.  ;)

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment