Pages

July 22, 2017

Oh Happy Day

Hi there!

Today I'm sharing a layout inspired by the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine July sketch and Shimelle Laine's 25 Scrapbooking Words challenge.



While I love the Crate Paper Oasis collection, these cut apart cards frustrate me a bit. I liked cutapart cards when you could use them for journaling.  Now, manufacturers make them as embellishments with no room to journal and I have a difficult time using them.

When I saw the sketch, I had the idea to use the cards instead of a photo or patterned paper for the squares. I was able to stick pretty closely to the sketch, which is something I usually have difficulty doing.

Shimelle's challenge was to use the title "Oh Happy Day". It was perfect for this photo, as this was our first morning in Cuba and it just so happened to be my husband's 50th Birthday!

I was able to mix and match supplies from Oasis and Bloom collections. The cactus, leaf, pineapple, sun and palm tree are all die cuts using metal dies from Peach Cheap.  Aren't they cute? To give them a bit of pizzazz, I covered them in Wink of Stella glitter. The background paper was made using my new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks in Broken China, Fossilized Amber and Worn Lipstick.  Those three colours work beautifully with the Oasis collection. I outlined all the cards, the photo mats and the white cardstock with a black pen to give them definition. To finish everything off, I added some old My Mind's Eye enamel dots and some machine stitching.

I apologize for the darkness of the photo. It's not as dark in real life. My camera settings must off and I couldn't fix it in Photoshop. And it doesn't look as crooked in real life.  lol!

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie 

No comments:

Post a Comment