Pages

January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!

Well, in the hustle and bustle of December, I had to neglect my blog. There were Christmas cards to make, hockey tournaments and Christmas parties to attend and of course all the regular shopping and preparing for the holidays. Needless to say, there wasn't much time to scrap, let along blog about how little I was doing. LOL!

But, because I had almost two weeks off from work, I did manage to get some scrapping done during the holidays. And so without further ado, here they are.

If you regularly read my blog, you know that I am a huge fan of Shimelle Laine's. I've taken a few of her online classes and have followed her work on Two Peas in a Bucket.  In 2011, she did a video series "4x6 Photo Love" where every month, she would provide an example of how to scrap a certain number of photos per month. ie/ March had 3 photos, April had 4 photos, etc. So, as it would come to pass (heehee) December would be a layout with 12 - 4x6 photos.  Here is my take.

I thought the way she suspended her photos from a ribbon was the perfect way to showcase my ziplining photos. Her sketch was for twelve photos, but I managed to squeeze in thirteen in by cropping a couple. Here is the layout front:




And here is the layout with the photos open. (and a bonus shot of my kitchen floor LOL!)

Papers and Stickers: My Mind's Eye, Echo Park; Chipboard Flowers: Sassafras Lass; Alphas: American Crafts Thickers, Cricut & SCAL; Miscellaneous: Provo Craft Eyelets, String, Stick Pins; Studio Calico Stamps

 I will cut the page protector a bit to allow the photos to sit on top so that the photos can be flipped through.

This one is a page about how Nick peer pressured his dad into jumping off a cliff. Something Brian wouldn't do on his own, but Nick basically harassed him into it. Gotta love those father/son relationships. ;)
.
Papers: Fancy Pants Design and Bazzill Basics; Stickers: Fancy Pants, Simple Stories; Alphas: Pink Paislee, Basic Grey, American Crafts Thickers; Misc: Making Memories Buttons, Floss


And here is a page for Julia. She fell in love with these little creatures at Xelha. They are coati. Basically a racoon type animal. They were EVERYWHERE in Xelha and Julia wanted to catch some and bring them home.

Papers: Fancy Pants Design, Canson; Brads: Fancy Pants; Alphas: American Crafts Thickers; Leaves: Cricut & SCAL; Misc: Twine, Uniball White Gel Pen.



Thanks so much for looking. I really appreciate all the kind words and comments. 

From our house to yours, may your year be filled with health and happiness. Happy New Year!

Sylvie

1 comment: