Pages

January 9, 2012

It's Mexican Wipeout!


How I wish every page could come together like this one did! I started it a few days ago, but I just got the basics done like photo placement and background papers.  Then last night, Julia wanted to work on her Smashbook, so I thought I'd try to finish it. There is something about creating with someone else that just brings out the creative juices. I mentioned that I didn't know what to title the page and Nick came up with the perfect title in two seconds! And once we had that, everything else just fell into place.

The photos aren't the greatest because they were taken with a disposable underwater camera, without a zoom. I've zoomed in as best I can by scanning the originals and editing them with Photoshop, but they just turned out okay.


Papers: Fancy Pants Designs, Bazzil Basics; Rub-ons and die cuts: Fancy Pants, Cricut; Stamps: Studio Calico, My Stamp Box; Alphas: American Crafts Thickers, October Afternoon; Miscellaneous: Hemp, Magic Mesh, Glossy Accents, Acrylic Paint, Brad.

My Thickers weren't the correct colour, so I peeled off the top layer to expose the chipboard. I then painted them with acrylic paint and Glossy Accents. And then I thought the little fishies needed a touch of something, so I added a big blob of Glossy Accents to their eyes. It doesn't show very well in the photo, but the effect gives the fish a "googly" eye.



Thanks for looking!

Sylvie

1 comment:

  1. Lovely layout, and I love the fish eyes! Love Penny
    http://scrap-aholic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete