Pages

June 25, 2012

Rainy Days and Mondays.....

always get me down! 

OK. Not always, but on this very rainy and stormy day, after a very rainy and stormy weekend, this song seems applicable!

But, not one to sit around and mope, I spent the morning finishing this page. It's based on the Canadian Scrapbooker Sketchy Challenge which you can find here.

When I saw this sketch, I knew I had the perfect photo and elements to go with it. The pointsettas are leftovers from my Christmas cards. For some reason when I made them, I thought I needed 75. Ummmm. I needed 45. (smacking forehead softly). The flowers are made by embossing the Hero Arts/Basic Grey outline stamp in white on watercolour paper, then colouring them in with Tim Holtz Distress stains and spraying with Glimmer Mist. You can't see the glimmer in this photo, but in real life it is so pretty!

I used the elements on the sketch by "squishing" them to the left side of the page, and I put the title on the flowers to condense everything together. I like that the flowers hid the table legs and my too short table cloth. ;)

Papers: Fancy Pants Design, Basic Grey, Watercolour paper; Stamps: Hero Arts/Basic Grey, My Stamp Box, My Minds Eye, EK Success; Alphas: LilyBee Designs, American Crafts Thickers; Misc: Tim Holtz Distress Inks & Stains, My Minds Eye Pins & Button, Glimmer Mist, Ranger Stickles, Stampin Up embossing powder


 
June is a busy birthday month, and here are a couple that I made. This one is an example of turning a mishap into something wonderful. I was trying to adhere the button on the butterfly using Glossy Accents, but the nozzle was plugged. I gave it that one extra squeeze and the thing exploded everywhere!! So, I spread it out on the butterfly to give it that lovely glossy effect. Very lovely in real life. The bottom of the card is made with scraps cut at an angle and adhered. A great way to use up those small pieces!

Papers: Echo Park, Bazzil Basics; Diecuts: Cuttlebug and Martha Stewart punches: Misc: Vintage button, We R Memory Keepers floss; Prima Marketing rhinestone, ribbon, Hero Arts Stamp, Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Festive Berries)

 
This card was so quick! The little journaling spot is printed on the paper, so all I had to do was stamp a sentiment on it. Love that!

Papers: My Minds Eye; Stamp: KaiserCraft; Prima Marketing Flower, Unknown pearls and twine, Glimmer Mist


And just for kicks, here are the Carpenters!



 
Well, I'm off to see where I can use 26 leftover pointsettas. Maybe I'll challenge myself to use them in a non-Christmasy way. ;)

Thanks so much for looking!

Sylvie

4 comments:

  1. fun post! Love your projects and the colors in that LO are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout and cards. Each year we get matching PJ's on Christmas Eve. Since we lived so far from family, we are usually on our own too, and its gotten to be a joke who is going to eat their Christmas Dinner in their new PJs (now, my kids ar 28 and 28!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great layout and cards. Thanks for the trip down memory lane, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow!!!! That last card is my favorite but these are all incredible! You rock!

    ReplyDelete