Pages

October 17, 2013

First & Last First Day of School - SOUS Diecut Challenge "Autumn Goodies"

Hello there!

This week's Stuck On U Sketches diecut challenge was to use "Autumn Goodies" (or anything Fall related). I thought that was the perfect theme for Julia's last first day of school photo.

Papers: Echo Park, Studio Calico, Bazzill Basics; Embellishments: Teresa Collins, Echo Park, Crate Paper, Simple Stories; Alphas: Simple Stories, Thickers, Echo Park, Blessed Day font; Digital Cut File: Echo Park Leaves; Miscellaneous: Fiskars Notebook punch, Vintage Photo Distress Ink, jute

I love doing comparison photo layouts. And in my book, this is as good a reason as any. I can't believe my baby girl is starting Grade 12!

I received the Fall Reflections Collection from Echo Park in a kit club. It's not usually my style, but the  more I looked at the embellishments, the more they fit this layout and everything about my girl. She loves squirrels and flowers!! The chipboard includes a letter T. It's probably for Thanksgiving, but I wanted a J. So I turned it upside down, trimmed it up and turned it into a J.


 
 
I cut the Echo Park leaves with my Cricut and Sure Cuts a Lot and bent them upwards to give them more texture. Then I inked them and adhered them to my page with a glue gun. The glue gives the leaves a bit of dimension and they certainly aren't going anywhere!  With all this layering, you need an adhesive that is strong.


 
 
So now it's your turn! Show us what you can create with autumnal diecuts that you create on the SOUS blog.
 
 
Thanks for looking!
 
Sylvie


2 comments:

  1. What fabulous page content. I just love the then and now theme! Great design too. Truly a TFS!

    ReplyDelete