Pages

October 3, 2013

Magical Selfie - SOUS Hocus Pocus Diecut Challenge

Hi there!

This week our Stuck On U Sketches challenge is to use a Hocus Pocus Diecut (or something magical). Well, this selfie of my daughter seems magical to me. And what's more magical than a fairy??


Papers: Bazzill Basics, My Minds Eye, unknown vellum and metallic; Embellishments: My Minds Eye, American Crafts; Studio Calico; Miscellaneous: water colour paints, metallic thread, sequins; Dicuts: KLDezign, Blessed Day
 
 
Since the photo is so simple, I thought I should keep my page the same way. I started with a water colour heart and then I sewed over it a few times with metallic thread. The fairy is from KLDezign. I cut her from the grey woodgrain paper from My Minds Eye and used dimensional adhesive to match the layered stickers from My Minds Eye.

 


This is a pretty simple page for me, but I wanted to keep the focus on Julia's cool photo. I kind of messed up on the journaling and I resisted the urge to start all over again. I just couldn't figure out how to fix it without adding more elements to the page and I didn't want to do that.

So, now it's your turn! Show us what you can create with a Hocus Pocus theme and add a link at the SOUS blog.

Thanks for looking!

Sylvie

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh I love this layout!! The pic is fabulous, but it is your take on the challenge that is so awesome!!! I love the tiny stars and the fairy! You keep the embellishments to the perfect amount!! Love, love that heart!!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...I just agree with Brenda! =)
    But really, this totally has a magical feel and lovely, perfect details...
    the fairy silhouette and stars...so wonderful! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...I just agree with Brenda! =)
    But really, this totally has a magical feel and lovely, perfect details...
    the fairy silhouette and stars...so wonderful! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete