Pages

September 20, 2015

Lucky Us

Hi there!

It's been a busy week, but I managed to take a bit of time here and there to work on one of my favourite photos from Nick's grad.

Papers: Crate Paper, Shimelle (American Crafts) American Crafts glitter paper, Vellum; Die cut: Ashley Calder, Embellishments: Petaloo, Shimelle, Jillibean Soup, Bo Bunny, unknown sequins, lace

This is a photo of our best friends. And as luck would have it, our kids grew up to be best friends with their kids. Our good fortune has not gone unnoticed by any of us.

I wanted to make the photo be the star of the page, so it's a pretty simple layout with all the elements lined up vertically.

 
 
And this is where things got "unlucky" for the layout.  The title is a beautiful cut file by Ashley Calder Things That Shine . It cut perfectly on my Cricut. In the file are also some ribboned hearts and flourish leaves that I wanted cut in plain white. That's when the Cricut died.  It won't cut all the way or it cuts a line through all the letters.  It's been coming on for a while now, but this was the final swan song. My husband and I tried every hint we could to get it work, but my Google searches confirmed that it is not fixable. I'm sad. So, I cut the hearts by hand.  Which gives the page a kind of artsy feel to it.
 
The Silhoette has been ordered.  


Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment