Pages

October 2, 2015

Leave a Trail

Hi there,

Scrapping formal photos are not my favourite. Grad photos are no exception. The photos usually lack any creativity and I find it hard to get inspiration from them. So, I played around with the background of this page until I had something I liked and kind of ignored the photo.


Papers: Bo Bunny, Basic Grey, Echo Park; Alphas: American Crafts,
Prima Marketing; Stickers: Echo Park, American Crafts; Brads: Echo Park, Bo Bunny;

I started with the Basic Grey school paper.  I used some gesso to glue down some old dictionary pages. Then I used Gelattos and a piece of plastic to "smoosh" some colour onto the page. I still wasn't happy with the background (it was a bit blah), so I mixed some texture paste and silver paint together, and applied it using a chevron stencil. I cut the stencil from a Kerri Bradford cut file a long time ago.

My Cricut is still dead, but I was lucky enough to find all these alpha stickers in my stash to make this long title. It's a quote from one of Nick's grad cards that he received. The minute I saw the card, I knew it would be perfect for this page.

The rest of the page is pretty simple layering so that it didn't look too busy.

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment