Pages

October 9, 2015

Families are Forever

Hi there!

Well, I've been playing with my Silhouette and I have to say.... I am in LOVE!! It has a steep learning curve, but it cuts like a dream! And I've been able to so some things with cut files that I haven't been able to do with SCAL. Like the big flower in this layout.


Papers: American Crafts (Dear Lizzy, Shimelle), Jillibean Soup, Fancy Pants, unknown vellum; Die cuts: iHeartStudio, Silhouette; Embellishments: Shimelle, Punches: Fiskars, Martha Stewart, McGill; Stamps: Fancy Pants, Close to My Heart; unknown button & pearls

I wanted to use the cut file from Wilna Furstenburg, but her flower  had only one set of leaves and they were in the wrong spot for what I wanted to do. So with just the Basic Edition of the Silhouette software, I cut off the leaves and repositioned it. Then I copied the leaves and placed it on the opposite side of the flower.  Welded it all together and voila!  The flower I had pictured in my head.



Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment