Pages

April 2, 2016

Never Grow Up

Hi there!

I am up today with my last grad page!  Woohoo!!!  I'm pretty happy that I only have two kids to scrap. Between the two, I have scrapped 42 graduation layouts in less than two years. I'm glad I have a few years before I have to scrap university graduation photos!  :)


Papers: Crate Paper, Bazzill Basics; Embellishments: Simple Stories, American Crafts,
Unknown sequins, unknown felt clouds; Studio Calico mists

The photos were taken by a professional photographer who came to the elementary school for a photo shoot. Only a few kids showed up, but the kids had the run of the playground and the school. Since the photos were quite bright, I wanted to  keep the background page a bit softer to let the photos pop.

There aren't a lot of techniques here. I used my Silhouette to cut the "Grow Up" from the paint swatch paper from Crate Paper.  I just placed the cutting mat over the paper to use as a guide to determine where to place my letters. Then I made sure to place the paper on the mat in the same orientation, ran it through the machine and I have multi coloured alphas. Easy peasy!



I had originally written my journaling directly on the background paper, but I couldn't read it through the little plus signs.  So, I used my typewriter to type the journaling and cut it into strips.  It's not the look I wanted, but at least you can read the writing now.

The papers are from Crate Paper's Shine collection. And the embellishments are mostly Simple Stories Carpe Diem.  Looking at the two collections side by side, you would never think they go together, but the water colour balloons and the quote strips were a perfect match. The bicycle is from Shimelle's True Stories.

There is a companion page with more photos of the kids inside the school.  They are acting naughty in the photos, so to protect the innocent (or guilty), I will keep that page private. It's inappropriate teenage humour, but it's pretty funny. What a great group of kids!

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment